Senna, the story of Ayrton Senna, perhaps the greatest race car driver who ever lived, kicks off the 2013 Canyons Resort Summer Film Series, programmed by Sundance Institute. On Friday, August 9th and Friday, August 16th, these free screenings are open to the public and offer a great way to see the depth of support Sundance Institute gives its artists. With a strong history of serving as a cultural catalyst, the nonprofit Sundance Institute is once again presenting free outdoor screenings of Sundance Film Festival favorites. Also, don't forget to check our Events page for further films as we once again host the 2013 Sundance Institute Summer Series.
- All screenings are free and will take place under the stars in the Resort Village at sunset, approximately between 8:30pm – 9:00pm.
- Please be aware that some films may contain adult content. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated films in determining their suitability for children.
- Please be aware that there may be some noise in the Village. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Picnics, blankets and chairs are welcome.
- The Umbrella Bar will be open during the screenings.
- Parking is available in the Sundial Lodge parking lot.
- For the safety and enjoyment our guests, dogs are not allowed on the grass in the Resort Village during the film. Dogs are allowed on the paved areas of the Resort Village, but must be kept on a leash at all times.
Take pictures and share them with us! Use #sundancelocals
when you upload your photos on Instagram and they'll be added to our photo gallery
2013 Canyons Resort Summer Film Series, programmed by Sundance Institute:
Information on Senna:
Directed by Asif Kapadia, PG-13, 104 minutes, color, 2011 Sundance Film Festival Official Selection. The story of Ayrton Senna, perhaps the greatest race car driver who ever lived, is an epic tale that literally twists at every turn. In the mid 1980s, Senna, a young, gifted driver, exploded onto the world of Formula One racing. As a Brazilian in a predominantly European sport, a purist in a world polluted with backroom deals, and a man of faith in an arena filled with cynicism, Senna had to fight hard—both on and off the track. Facing titanic struggles, he conquered Formula One and became a global icon who was idolized in his home country. Told solely through the use of archival footage, Asif Kapadia’s documentary is a thrill ride worthy of its daring subject. Adrenaline will be pumping as cameras from inside Senna’s car put you smack-dab in the driver’s seat. Buckle your seat belt; Senna will take you on a trip you do not want to miss.
About Sundance Institute:
Sundance institute is a global nonprofit organization founded by Robert Redford in 1981. Through its artistic development programs for directors, screenwriters, producers, composers and playwrights, the Institute seeks to discover and support independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work. The Institute promotes independent storytelling to inform, inspire, and unite diverse populations around the globe. For more information, please visit www.sundance.org/utah.