Be Safe Out There.
Canyons is celebrating NSAA's National Safety Week this year by creating awareness in Slow Zones and Terrain Parks. Throughout the week of January 18-25, we'll be promoting Terrain Park safety, Slow Zone safety and our Responsibility Code. We'll also be teaming up with EpicMix and EpicPhoto to keep the fun rolling!
1. Safety Tent:
- The Red Pine safety tent will make its return on Saturday, January 18 - Sunday, January 19 from 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Guests will have an opportunity to “spin the safety wheel” and win prizes
2. Terrain Park Digger Knowledge Clinics:
- Learn about riding terrain parks from the experts, The Diggers. These Clinics are for the new park user or observer/parents of park users. Topics include: Smart Style, ATML, Feature materials, park flow, features styles & staging zones. Stop by Painted Horse Progression Park for a free clinic on the dates below. No registration necessary.
- Saturday, January 18: 1:00pm
- Sunday, January 19: 1:00pm
3. Avalanche Dog Demo:
- Meet our Ski Patrol avalanche dogs and watch a safety demonstration on Sunday, January 19 at 1:00pm in the Red Pine Lodge area
4. Epic Safety Photo Contest:
- Throughout the week of January 18-25, our EpicMix and EpicPhoto teams will be asking guests what they do to "Be Safe Out There." Guests can write their responses on a whiteboard and have their picture taken. All photos will be considered for our photo contest.
5. Safety Dance EpicMix Pin:
- And, just for skiing Canyons during the week of January 18–25, guests can receive a “Safety Dance” pin on Epic Mix.
"Safety is a top priority for ski resorts, and National Safety Awareness Week, through the efforts of resorts nationwide, is an opportunity for both guests and employees to gain a better understanding of the Your Responsibility Code and personal responsibility on the slopes in a fun and creative environment," says NSAA President Michael Berry.